Buying A Home 101
So you’re thinking of buying a home, but whether you've spent years saving and preparing to buy a home, or are unsure if you can afford it, the questions surrounding a house purchase can feel endless. Click on the icons below to learn more about each of the steps that will mark the path to your new front door.
| DECIDING TO BUY
|| HIRING AN AGENT
|| FINANCING YOUR HOME
||MAKING AN OFFER
||INSPECTIONS & APPRAISAL
10 Deadly Mistakes When Buying A Home
- Not getting Pre-Approved before you start looking
- Making major purchases or opening new credit cards
- Having unrealistic expectations, know what you can afford and what it will buy.
- Continuing to look once you are under contract.
- Not meeting the dates specified in your contract.
- All decision makers not being present during the buying process.
- Calling other agents with questions, only call your buyer's agent.
- Not giving your agent FSBO numbers of houses you like.
- Submitting an offer that is too low, ask you agent to research market value based on recently sold comparables.